The Department of Defense has announced details of its program to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War in 2011. The program will:
* Thank and honor veterans of the Vietnam War, including personnel who were held as prisoners of war or listed as missing in action, for their service and sacrifice on behalf of the United States and to thank and honor the families of these veterans.
* Highlight the service of the armed forces during the Vietnam War and the contributions of federal agencies and governmental and non-governmental organizations that served with, or in support of, the armed forces.
* Pay tribute to the contributions made on the home front by the people of the United States during the Vietnam War.
* Highlight the advances in technology, science, and medicine related to the military research conducted during the Vietnam War.
* Recognize the contributions and sacrifices made by the allies of the United States during the Vietnam War.
DoD representatives will coordinate with other federal agencies, veteran groups, state, local government and non-government organizations for their input in Vietnam War commemoration activities. For more information call 877-387-9951 or visit the official website at www.vietnamwar50th.com.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
* Warman's Vietnam War Collectibles
*Military Vehicles Magazine
*Standard Catalog of U.S. Military Vehicles, 1942-2003