Military Vehicle Spotlight: 1952 Dodge M-37 - Military Trader/Vehicles

Military Vehicle Spotlight: 1952 Dodge M-37

1952 Dodge M-37 with AN/GRC-46C Communications Shelter
Author:
Updated:
Original:

Restored by Roland L. Boltz

Image placeholder title

G-741 Dodge ¾-ton Truck

  • Net weight: 5,687 lbs.
  • Gross weight: 7,687 lbs.
  • Engine: Dodge T245 6-cylinder
  • Displacement: 230.2 cu. in.
  • Horsepower: 78 @ 3,200 rpm
  • Fuel: Gasoline
  • Maximum speed: 55 mph
  • Range: 215 miles

HISTORICAL NOTE:

Building on the success of the ¾-ton trucks it built for the U.S. military during WWII, Dodge began delivering the M37 truck in June 1951. Improvements over the WWII predecessor included steel doors with roll-up windows, synchronized transmission, 24-volt sealed electrical system, and the ability to ford. The all-steel cargo bed on the standard M37 cargo truck was equipped with troop seats, lazy backs, and top bows to support a canvas cover.

The AN/GRC-46 series was a Radio Teletype set originally mounted on M37 ¾-ton trucks for Army tactical units’ message handling. Other uses included potting, targeting, and tactical, automatic, data processing (TACFIRE) in artillery units and aviation weather operations in Army aviation units.

Frontline Feature