TCA members recognized for hauling “The Wall That Heals” for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) members who volunteered their time and equipment in 2015 to haul The Wall That Heals for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (VVMF) have received thank-you awards recognizing their efforts. Jim Knotts, CEO and president of VVMF, made the presentation during this morning’s General Session at TCA’s Annual Convention at the Wynn Las Vegas Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“Because of our partnership with TCA, we were able to bring a national memorial to the hometown of hundreds of thousands in 2015,” said Knotts. “In the front of that procession was a truck owned and operated by a TCA member, who, by helping us, was able to demonstrate dedication and commitment to our communities, to our veterans—young and old—and to our nation.”
The following TCA-member companies were recognized:
- Baylor Trucking, Milan, Indiana
- Cargo Transporters, Inc., Claremont, North Carolina
- Covenant Transport, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Dart Transit Co., Eagan, Minnesota
- Delaware Technical Community College, Georgetown, Delaware
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc., Fremont, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc., Superior, Wisconsin
- Interstate Distributor Co., Tacoma, Washington
- Regency Transportation, Inc., Franklin, Massachusetts
- TG Logistics, Levant, Maine
- TWT Refrigerated Services, Cheney, Washington
- Walmart Transportation, Bentonville, Arkansas
- Witte Brothers Exchange, Inc., Troy, Missouri
- Werner Enterprises, Inc., Omaha, Nebraska
- XPO Logistics/Con-way, Greenwich, Connecticut
The Wall That Heals is a 250-foot replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. With the help of TCA’s partnership and the companies mentioned above, the traveling exhibit honors the men and women who served and sacrificed their lives in the Vietnam War.
Trucking companies are needed to haul The Wall in 2016. Interested companies may complete an online interest form, and VVMF will then follow up with more information.
TCA’s 78th Annual Convention will continue until March 9, 2016, with abundant networking, educational, and social activities for all attendees. For the latest convention news, follow the association on Facebook—www.truckload.org/Facebook—and Twitter—www.truckload.org/Twitter. On both social media sites, you can also learn about this year’s Annual Convention with the hashtag #2016TCA.
CA is the only national trade association whose collective sole focus is the truckload segment of the motor carrier industry. The association represents dry van, refrigerated, flatbed, and intermodal container carriers operating in the 48 contiguous states, as well as Alaska, Mexico, and Canada. Representing operators of more than 200,000 trucks, which collectively produce annual revenue of more than $20 billion, TCA is an organization tailored to specific truckload carrier needs.